Los Angeles Mortgage Fraud Lawyer
Have You Been Charged with Mortgage Fraud?
Mortgage fraud is a very serious federal crime that can lead to devastating penalties for individuals that are convicted in federal court. There are several ways to commit this mortgage fraud including:
- Misrepresenting oneself or lying on a mortgage application
- Not disclosing financial agreements made between a seller and a buyer to the mortgage company in an attempt to get a "kickback" (cash or upgrades to the home) out the mortgage loan.
- Not disclosing a second loan.
- Not reporting employment income properly.
- Reporting to the mortgage company that the owner is occupying the house, when in fact they are renting it to someone else.
- Paying back down payment gifts - when a gift is reported as part of a down payment, they cannot be repaid.
- Inflated purchase price.
- Lying about deposits being held outside of escrow.
If you or someone you know is in legal trouble for mortgage fraud, it is vitally important that you immediately obtain the services of an experienced and committed Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer. Whether you are innocent or made an error in the process of purchasing or selling property, you will need legal counsel to help advise you of your legal rights and guide you throughout the process. We will do all we can to protect your future freedom, and your case will be a priority for our legal team.
Aggressive and Effective Los Angeles Federal Criminal Defense Attorney
At Martinian & Associates, our seasoned group of attorneys is intimately familiar with the laws relating to mortgage fraud, and is prepared to provide you with a high level of representation you will need in and out of the courtroom. Our attorneys know how to prepare and present an effective and aggressive defensive strategy, to not only refute the prosecution's case, but also to relentlessly hold the government accountable for its burden of proving any guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
If you are looking for a solid and proven legal team to stand by you, we are standing by to help you fight the charges you are facing and pursue the best possible result in your case.
Contact a Los Angeles mortgage fraud lawyer
now to confidentially discuss the details of your legal situation.