Los Angeles Sex Crimes Lawyer
Sex crimes include many different types of offenses. If you have been charged with a sex offense contact a criminal defense attorney to find out detailed information on the laws regarding your case and how to dispute the allegations against you. At our firm, we are able to help defend against the following sexual offenses:
- Internet Sex Crimes: An Internet sex crime is one that is completed through the use of the Internet or a computer. This can include soliciting a minor online, possessing child pornography or even violating a law regarding adult entertainment.
- Lewd Conduct: The criminal act of lewd conduct includes either the engaging or soliciting of lewd conduct while in a public place. This could be anything from oral sex, masturbation or exposing a private body party.
- Molestation: The criminal act of touching with lewd intent a minor under the age of 14 is considered molestation. Each incident of molestation is charged individually, with three or more occurrences considered as sexual abuse.
- Prostitution: Engaging in a sexual act for money or personal gain is considered to be prostitution. This includes being the person engaging in the sexual act and purchasing it, as well as otherwise aiding in prostitution.
- Rape: Causing another to engage in sexual activity that is not consented to is considered to be rape. This includes the penetration of mouth, genitals or anus. It can also include having sex with a minor, regardless of consent.
- Sex with a Minor: Regardless of the consent of the individual, having sex with a minor under the age of 18 is considered legally to be statutory rape. This can be a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the extenuating circumstances.
- Sexual Abuse: One of the severest of all criminal acts is the sexual abuse. This is an umbrella term that can include sexual assault, harassment and even indecent exposure can be penalized for jail, fines and sex offender registration.
- Sexual Assault: Typically, the criminal act of sexual assault includes the element of violence and can include criminal acts such as rape, the sexual exploitation and enticement of a minor, as well as child molestation.
You will need an aggressive defense when disputing these serious charges. The penalties can be severe, especially if the offense involved the use of a deadly weapon, threats, intimidation, or the crime resulted in bodily harm. You will also be facing harsh sentencing if the crime involved a minor.
Sentencing in a sex crime case can include:
Martinian & Associates is a dedicated criminal defense firm that has represented many clients accused of sexual offenses. We are tough litigators that will adamantly defend your rights and vigorously attack the prosecution's case. Our firm knows that a conviction in a sex crime case can have far-reaching consequences, and will work hard to seek a favorable outcome to your situation.
Protect your future - talk to a criminal defense attorney in Los Angeles!
Sex crimes carry a social stigma that will follow you wherever you go. If you are found guilty of sexual misconduct and required to register as a sex offender, your personal and case information will be made available to the public on the Internet. Our legal team will work hard to find flaws in the prosecution's evidence, and take whatever legal steps are necessary for your defense. For aggressive defense against your charges, please contact a Los Angeles sex crimes lawyer from the firm.