Los Angeles Felony DUI Lawyer
Looking for a DUI attorney in Los Angeles?
One of the very first questions usually asked by someone arrested for
DUI is "will this be considered a
felony?" It is safe to say that in the majority of cases, DUI is not a felony
offense. However, there are circumstances in which one can face felony
charges after being arrested for driving while intoxicated.
A few of the primary scenarios include:
- The person's DUI resulted in injury or death to one or more persons
involved in the accident
- The person who was charged has been convicted of DUI in the past
- The person has been charged with four or more DUI offenses in the past ten years
The majority of felony DUI cases in our state involve a vehicle accident
in which innocent motorists and passengers are injured or killed. In order
for a prosecutor to successfully convict a person of DUI, they must be
able to prove that the accident was solely the fault of the intoxicated
driver. If you are facing felony DUI charges, it is in your best interest
to hire a Los Angeles
criminal defense attorney that can aggressively defend you in court and possibly help you
avoid the harsh punishments of a conviction.
What constitutes a felony DUI?
While most cases of DUI are assumed to be misdemeanor offenses, this is
not always the case. Under certain circumstances, it is entirely possible
for a drunk driver to be convicted of a felonious offense should the nature
of the incident call for it.
Primarily, the incidents which are considered felonious in nature are:
- Bodily harm is caused to another in an accident that was caused by an intoxicated driver
- Multiple prior convictions related to DUI have been made in the defendant's name
- The defendant has already received at least one prior felony DUI conviction
If you need a skilled Los Angeles DUI attorney for your felony charges,
contact our firm.
Martinian & Associates provides legal help to individuals throughout Los Angeles in all manner
of DUI cases. Whether one is facing misdemeanor charges, or has been charged
with a felony, our approach is the same: work diligently towards a resolution
that is beneficial to the client. We will approach your felony DUI case
in the same way, and do our utmost to maximize your chances of being exonerated
of the charges against you.