In the bustling streets of Glendale, California, traffic can sometimes lead to unforeseen accidents with motorcycles, cars, and trucks. When a truck is involved, the results can be devastating. If you or someone you care about was injured or suffered a wrongful death in an accident with a truck in Glendale, understanding the intricacies of truck accident claims is a step toward obtaining the justice and compensation you deserve. Consult with an experienced Glendale truck accident lawyer from Martinian Lawyers today to protect your rights and learn the best options for recovery.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
A truck accident can happen for many varied reasons, some are more common than others. The most common causes of truck accidents in California are as follows:
- Driver Fatigue: Long hours on the road can cause truck drivers to become fatigued, affecting their ability to react quickly and make sound decisions.
- Equipment Failure: Improper maintenance can lead to brake failure, tire blowouts, or other equipment malfunctions.
- Distracted Driving: Whether it is a mobile phone or other distractions, a momentary lapse in attention can lead to catastrophic outcomes.
- Improper Loading: Overloading or incorrectly securing cargo can cause imbalance and result in a truck toppling or shedding its load.
Regardless of the cause, the vast difference in size and weight between trucks and other vehicles on the road makes accidents involving trucks particularly harrowing.
Who is Eligible to File a Truck Accident Claim?
California is an at-fault state when it comes to accidents. In other words, any person who has suffered injuries, property damage, or any other kind of loss due to a truck accident is eligible to file a claim for compensation against the person who caused the accident. You may be eligible to file a truck accident claim whether you were injured as a driver of another vehicle, a passenger in another vehicle, a passenger in the truck involved in the accident, a pedestrian, or even a nearby property owner.
Who Can Be Held Liable for a Truck Accident?
There are often multiple parties responsible for putting a truck on the road. As such, multiple parties can be held accountable for a truck accident, including:
- The truck driver: If they were negligent or violated traffic rules.
- The trucking company: For not adhering to safety protocols or pushing drivers to work long hours.
- The cargo loaders: For improper loading of the truck.
- The truck’s manufacturers: If the accident was due to a manufacturing defect.
Evidence Required for a Successful Truck Accident Claim
Evidence plays a crucial role in establishing fault for a truck accident. This evidence can include:
- Photographs: Of the accident scene, damages, and injuries.
- Witness Testimonies: Eyewitness accounts can provide a detailed perspective on the cause of the accident.
- The Police Reports: Provides a detailed record of the incident.
- Medical Records: To highlight the extent of your injuries and the treatment required.
Federal regulations, like the Hours-of-Service regulations set by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), can also play a role in your claim. As such, evidence like the truck’s black box data and the driver’s logbook may also be important in your case.
Damages That Can Be Recovered After a Truck Accident in Glendale
As a victim of a truck accident in Glendale, you may be entitled to receive a variety of different damages, including but not limited to:
- Medical Bills: Current and future medical expenses related to the accident
- Lost Wages: If the victim is unable to work due to their injuries
- Pain and Suffering: For the emotional and physical distress caused by the accident
- Property Damage: To repair or replace damaged property
It is also important to note that California follows the principle of ‘comparative negligence’, meaning that damages are awarded based on each party’s level of fault. This lets you recover some compensation, even if you are partially at fault for the accident. It also precludes the truck driver or trucking company from being relieved of any liability for the accident simply because you were also at fault to some degree.
How Can a Glendale Truck Accident Lawyer Help?
After being injured in a truck accident, a qualified Glendale truck accident attorney is crucial to navigate the complexities of the legal system. An experienced truck accident attorney in Glendale will:
- Review and gather necessary evidence to support your claim
- Provide experienced legal advice tailored to your situation
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf
- Represent you in court, if necessary, to fight for you to receive the compensation you deserve
Consult With a Glendale Truck Accident Attorney at Martinian Lawyers Today
At our law firm, we understand the trauma and challenges that arise post-accident. While no amount of compensation can undo the pain, it can provide some relief in rebuilding your life. If you or a loved one has been affected by a truck accident, reach out to a truck accident lawyer in Glendale. Our compassionate team at Martinian Lawyers is here to guide and support you every step of the way. Do not bear the burden alone—let us be your pillar of strength in this trying time. Call us at (323) 850-1900 to get started today.