Los Angeles Car Accident Lawyer
Compensation for Auto Accident Victims
A leading cause of serious injury and death are motor vehicle accidents. There were 2.4 million disabling injuries and 44,700 deaths in the United States from motor vehicle accidents, according to the National Safety Council, with the estimated financial cost toppling at $258 billion. The cost to these families and individuals are inestimable.
Our Attorneys Have:
- Decades of experience
- Recovered millions for our clients
- Free consultations
- Work on a contingency basis
Contact us to work with an experienced Los Angeles car accidents attorney. Call (888) 987-7243 today.
What To Do After A Car Accident
After experiencing a car accident, one of the first things you are going to want to do is file an auto insurance claim with your insurance provider. A claim will encompass information on your accident, police reports, damage estimates, medical bills etc.
After an insurance adjuster has reviewed your case, you will be given a settlement offer. Sometimes, this offer does not accurately reflect the amount of damage you suffered. When this occurs, you can appeal your claim. Whatever the reason for your auto insurance claim denial, an attorney from Martinian & Associates can assist you to see that you recover maximum financial compensation for your accident.
If you have been seriously injured, or if a member of your family has been subject to a wrongful death due to a motor vehicle accident, it is imperative to discuss your case with an attorney who not only has the skills, but also the resources to get the results you need and deserve.
Car Accident Laws in CA
California's car accident laws cover a wide range of regulations and rules to ensure safety on the roads. If you find yourself involved in a car accident in the state, it is vital to understand the dos and don'ts. Here are some key aspects of the law that can help you navigate the process with confidence:
- Fault: California is a "fault" state, which means that the driver who is found to be at fault for an accident is responsible for paying damages. If more than one driver is at fault, liability is apportioned based on the degree of fault.
- Comparative negligence: California follows the doctrine of comparative negligence, which means that if the injured party is partially at fault for the accident, their damages will be reduced in proportion to their degree of fault.
- Statute of limitations: California has a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury claims arising from car accidents. This means that an injured person has two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit.
- Insurance requirements: California requires all drivers to carry liability insurance with a minimum coverage of $15,000 for injury or death to one person, $30,000 for injury or death to more than one person, and $5,000 for property damage.
- Hit-and-run accidents: In California, leaving the scene of an accident without providing identifying information or rendering aid is a criminal offense.
- Reporting requirements: Drivers involved in a car accident that results in injury, death, or property damage exceeding $1,000 must report the accident to the California DMV within 10 days.
- Seat belt laws: California law requires all drivers and passengers to wear seat belts while driving.
If you have been involved in a car accident in California, it is important to consult with an experienced auto accident attorney in Los Angeles to understand your rights and options. Call us at (888) 987-7243 today!
Proving Negligence in CA Car Accident
When negligence is a factor in a California car accident, as the victim, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Proving negligence requires determining who was at fault and proving that the other driver had a legal responsibility to exercise reasonable care yet failed to do so. Normally negligence is established when it can be proven that the other party’s negligent behavior was what caused the harm experienced by you or another passenger of your vehicle, such as injury or death. It is important to note that negligence needs to be proven by clear and convincing evidence in order for it to be established under California law. Ensuring negligence is proven effectively and accurately should be done with the help of an experienced Los Angeles car accident lawyer who is knowledgeable about negligence laws in the state of California.
Common Car Accident Injuries
Car accidents are unfortunately becoming increasingly common, and in many cases injuries can be a result of them. Common injuries caused from car accidents may include:
- Whiplash injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Back and neck injuries
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Broken bones or fractures
- Lacerations and contusions from glass or other debris flying during an accident
- Permanent disability
- Wrongful death
The severity of these injuries is largely dependent on speed and the positioning of passengers in the car at time of impact. If you experience any injuries after being involved in a car accident, it's important to discuss your options with your physician as soon as possible to help ensure a speedy recovery and reach out to our Los Angeles car accident attorney.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accident Cases We Handle
At Martinian & Associates, we are known for achieving significant verdicts and settlements in motor vehicle accident claims involving:
- Truck Accidents: Our attorneys not only fully understand federal regulations, but they will hold those who disregard these standards accountable when their negligence causes accidents, injuries, or death.
- Public Transportation Accidents: We have and continue to be successful in lawsuits against the government entities on behalf of the injury victims.
- Bus Accidents: Whether you or a family member has been injured on a city bus, a charter bus, or a school bus, you have rights, and we will make sure to protect them.
- Poor Road Design & Maintenance: Intersection and roadway design, as well as defective or missing traffic lights and guardrails are responsible for causing serious accidents and injuries.
- Rollover Accidents: Our firm is well known for landmark vehicle rollover cases, including 15 passenger vans and SUV's.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrians are vulnerable to negligent drivers on a sidewalk or in a crosswalk. It is often our opponents who are left defenseless in court.
- Bicycle Accidents: When a motor vehicle and a bicyclist get in an accident, the cyclist rarely walks away.
- Inadequate Vehicle Barriers: Open air markets, street fairs, sidewalk cafes, and other public spaces often lack adequate protection between traffic and people. Unfortunately, the results of this can often be deadly.
Get Help Today
We represent clients throughout the Southern California area, the Los Angeles area, and throughout the entire state. We also consult with clients and attorneys nationwide.
Whether you are an individual who has been subjected to a serious injury or are a referring attorney, please contact Martinian & Associates to discuss your auto accident case in Los Angeles, CA.
Personal Injury Case Results
$333 Million Mega Millions Lottery Dispute
Found Not Guilty Attempted Murder
$4.9 Million Wrongful Death
See How We've Made a Difference
I couldn't imagine what I would do if I didn't call Martinian and the crew for help. M.O.
Thank you for pouring your hearts and souls into my case. O.R.
They took care of everything and got me the best care for recovery. J.A.