At Martinian Lawyers, we’re not just another law firm; we’re a testament to dedication, experience, and an unwavering commitment to our clients in Van Nuys, Los Angeles, and beyond. Our reputation has been meticulously built on a foundation of unparalleled legal representation in personal injury claims. Our team of Van Nuys personal injury lawyers bring not only vast experience to the table but also a genuine concern for each client we serve. From the very first conversation, clients can recognize our deep understanding of the emotional complexities tied to personal injury cases. Call a Van Nuys personal injury attorney at 323-850-1900 today.
What truly sets Martinian Lawyers apart is our unique blend of legal acumen, our extensive network of resources, and our passionate commitment to diversity. We understand the multifaceted backgrounds of our clients, and we take pride in offering multilingual support, ensuring every client feels accurately represented and thoroughly understood. In the intricate landscape of personal injury law, trust a personal injury attorney from Martinian Lawyers to be your steadfast advocate.
Van Nuys Personal Injury Claims We Handle At Martinian Lawyers
Personal injury claims arise when an individual suffers harm due to the negligence or intentional act of another. Here are some types of Van Nuys personal injury claims that Martinian Lawyers has experience handling:
- Car Accidents: These are among the most common personal injury claims. Causes of a car accident can range from distracted driving and speeding to impaired driving.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Riding a motorcycle comes with many inherent risks, and life-threatening accidents are unfortunately very common.
- Bicycle Accidents: While bicycling offer a more cost-effective and convenient mode of transportation, it can also result in more accidents and life-threatening injuries.
- Pedestrian Accidents: California has several laws in place to help keep pedestrians safe, yet pedestrian accidents are still very common.
- Slip and Fall Incidents: Property owners have a duty to ensure their premises are safe. If someone slips, trips, or falls because of a hazardous condition that the property owner neglected to address, they may be held liable.
- Product Liability: If a consumer product is defective or does not provide adequate instructions or warnings, and someone is injured as a result, the manufacturer or seller may be held responsible.
- Dog Bites: In California, dog owners are strictly liable if their dog bites someone, even if the dog has never shown any previous signs of aggression.
- Construction Accidents: If an individual is injured at work, they may be entitled to workers’ compensation, and in some cases, they might also have a personal injury claim if a third party (other than their employer) was responsible for the injury.
- Wrongful Death: If a loved one dies due to the negligence or wrongful act of another, surviving family members may file a wrongful death claim to seek compensation for their loss.
- Uber/Lyft Accidents: With the rise of rideshare services, accidents involving these platforms can present unique challenges in determining liability.
- Premises Liability: Beyond slip and fall cases, this category includes any injury that occurs on someone’s property, such as swimming pool accidents or injuries from falling objects.
- Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries caused by falls, car accidents, and more can have life-altering effects on an individual.
- Delivery Van Accidents: With the rise of online ordering, delivery vans, such as Amazon and UPS vans are more prominent on the road. Vicarious liability is a main principle of these accidents.
- Hit and Run Accidents: If you are involved in a hit and run accident in California, there is a duty to stop at the scene of the accident. Failure to stop can result in financial repercussions.
- Truck Accidents: The sheer weight and size of a truck can cause more severe damages in an accident.
The Elements of Negligence
Most personal injury claims will proceed under a legal claim known as negligence. Negligence is a legal concept that pertains to the breach of a duty to act with reasonable care, resulting in harm to another.
For a plaintiff to succeed in a personal injury claim based on negligence, they typically must prove the following four elements:
- Duty: The offender had a legal duty to act with reasonable care toward the victim. The specifics of the duty can vary based on the relationship between the parties and the circumstances. For instance, drivers have a duty to exercise reasonable care on the road to prevent harm to other drivers, pedestrians, and passengers.
- Breach: The offender breached that duty. This means the offender failed to act in a way that a reasonably prudent person would under the same or similar circumstances. In other words, the offender’s conduct fell below the established standard of care.
- Causation: The offender’s breach of duty was the actual and proximate cause of the victim’s injury. This means two things:
- Actual Cause (or Cause in Fact): The victim’s injury would not have occurred but for the offender’s negligent action or inaction.
- Proximate Cause: The injury was a foreseeable consequence of the offender’s negligence. It establishes a link between the offender’s breach of duty and the harm suffered by the victim, ensuring that the offender is held responsible only for the foreseeable consequences of their actions.
- Damages: As a result of the offender’s negligence, the victim suffered actual harm or damages. This can include physical injuries, financial losses, emotional distress, and other forms of harm.
Proving a Van Nuys Personal Injury Claim
Collecting comprehensive evidence is essential when pursuing a personal injury claim in Van Nuys, often marking the difference between a victorious outcome and a less favorable result. Key evidence includes police and accident reports, which provide a neutral, third-party perspective of the incident. Medical records, encompassing bills, doctor’s notes, treatment plans, and diagnosis records, are indispensable to authenticate the nature and extent of injuries sustained. Visual evidence, like photographs of the accident site, immediate injuries, and property damage, can provide support for a personal narrative. Moreover, witness testimonies play a pivotal role, with their firsthand accounts validating your version of the event and aiding in determining fault. Video surveillance from nearby cameras or dashcams can capture the incident, offering an unbiased replay of events. Expert testimony, such as from accident reconstructionists or medical professionals, can determine the cause of the accident and the potential long-term repercussions of injuries. Finally, claims for lost wages can be proven through pay stubs, employment contracts, or employer testimonies.
Statute of Limitations in Van Nuys Personal Injury Claims
The Statute of Limitations, as outlined in the California Code of Civil Procedure § 335.1, mandates that most personal injury claims rooted in negligence be initiated within a two-year window from the occurrence of the injury. However, this two-year rule isn’t without its exceptions. For instance, if the injury becomes evident at a date later than the actual incident, the clock might start from the discovery date. Additionally, when the claim involves a governmental body, different timelines and procedures may apply, introducing further nuances to the standard two-year guideline.
Why Choose Martinian Lawyers to Represent You
Choosing Martinian Lawyers for personal injury representation ensures clients will have a powerhouse team in their corner. With a rich history of successful case resolutions, our firm stands out not only for our legal knowledge but also for our unwavering commitment to each client. Our Van Nuys personal injury attorneys prioritize transparent communication, ensuring clients are informed at every stage of their case. Our diverse team, fluent in multiple languages, allows us to offer culturally sensitive and personalized legal counsel. At Martinian Lawyers, we understand the life-changing implications of personal injuries and pledge to tirelessly fight for the justice and compensation our clients deserve, making us the preferred choice for those seeking top-tier representation in Van Nuys.
Contact Our Van Nuys Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you or a loved one has suffered due to another’s negligence, don’t wait to seek the justice you deserve. Contact our Van Nuys personal injury lawyers at Martinian Lawyers today for a free consultation. With a track record of success, compassion for our clients, and comprehensive knowledge of personal injury law, we are dedicated to fighting for your rights and ensuring the best possible outcome for your case. Reach out to us and let our seasoned legal team guide you through every step, advocating fiercely on your behalf. Your journey to recovery and justice begins with the Van Nuys personal injury attorneys at Martinian Lawyers.