Pursuing Justice for Personal Injury Victims in Los Angeles County
At Martinian Lawyers, we understand that being injured in an accident can be a traumatic experience. We are a personal injury law firm committed to helping victims of serious accidents recover physically and financially from the harm they have suffered to another heedless negligence.
We are committed to providing the highest quality legal representation and personalized service to our clients. Our attorneys have extensive experience in handling a wide range of personal injury cases, including auto accidents, premises liability, medical malpractice, product liability, and wrongful death. The team at Martinian Lawyers has successfully recovered millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements for clients and can assist you in recovering maximum financial compensation as well. Contact us today for a free consultation!
Helping People Just Like You
Our clients are ordinary everyday people facing the largest challenge of the lives due to a brain or a spinal cord injury or other devastating injury. They are children hurt in bike accidents, motorcycle riders who lost limbs, workers burned in workplace explosions, and construction workers who fell from roofs. We also represent families who may have lost a loved one due to a wrongful death.
The one thing that all of these people have in common is that they were all victims of very serious injuries, their lives were changed, and they all chose to work with the Los Angeles personal injury lawyers at Martinian Lawyers. They knew that having a seasoned law firm working on their account would aid them in achieving the financial recovery they needed. Take a look at our results.
Have you been injured due to someone else’s negligence? Call Martinian Lawyers today at (323) 850-1900 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation with our personal injury attorney in Los Angeles.
What Does A Los Angeles Personal Injury Lawyer Do?
An injury lawyer provides legal representation to those who have been injured due to the negligence or wrongdoing of another person or entity. They work to ensure that their client’s rights are protected and that they receive the maximum amount of compensation for their injuries. They also handle a wide range of personal injury cases, including car accidents, premises liability, medical malpractice, product liability, and more. At Martinian Lawyers, our experienced Los Angeles personal injury attorneys are dedicated to helping victims of accidents and negligence. We understand the complexities of personal injury law in California, and we are committed to helping our clients get the compensation they deserve.
We are passionate about advocating for the rights of those who have been victimized by the negligence of others. We can assist people in proving liability that led to a serious accident or illness. If you are facing the challenge of financial recovery after a carelessly caused accident, contact our Los Angeles personal injury lawyers for a FREE consultation.
What Should You Do After You Suffered Personal Injury?
If you have suffered a personal injury in Los Angeles, it’s important to take the following steps in order to protect your well-being and legal rights:
- Seek medical attention
- Document the incident
- Report the incident
- Keep records
- Notify your insurance company
- Consult a personal injury attorney
- Understand your rights
Remember that every personal injury case is unique, and the steps you take could vary depending on the specific circumstances. Consulting with a legal professional will provide personalized advice based on your specific situation.
Why Hire Martinian Lawyers
We specialize in providing comprehensive legal services related to personal injury cases throughout the Los Angeles area. Our experienced personal injury attorneys in Los Angeles, CA, are committed to representing clients who have been injured due to the negligence of another person or party.
Our services include but are not limited to:
- Free initial consultations to discuss the specifics of your case.
Before diving into any legal action, we offer potential clients a complimentary session where they can discuss the details of their case with our experts, ensuring they make an informed decision.
- Thorough investigations to uncover all evidence related to the incident.
To present the strongest case possible, our team meticulously combs through every detail, gathering all pertinent evidence and facts surrounding the incident.
- Advice and guidance on all legal matters concerning your case.
Legal processes can be daunting. Our team ensures clients are not left in the dark, providing clear advice and direction on all legal facets tied to their case.
- Negotiations and settlements with insurance companies.
Leveraging our vast experience, we negotiate assertively with insurance companies, working diligently to reach favorable settlements for our clients
- Representation in court if necessary.
Should the need arise, our attorneys are prepared to represent clients in court, presenting their case convincingly to ensure justice is served.
- Assistance with filing claims and appeals to maximize compensation.
Maximizing compensation is paramount. We guide our clients through the intricacies of filing claims and, if required, the appeals process, ensuring they receive the maximum compensation they’re entitled to.
We understand the complexities of personal injury cases and are dedicated to providing the best possible legal representation to our clients. We strive to ensure that our clients receive the compensation they deserve.
What Makes Martinian Lawyers Different From Other Firms
At Martinian Lawyers, our reputation is built on a foundation of unwavering dedication to exceptional legal representation, especially in the realm of personal injury. Our seasoned attorneys bring to the table unparalleled experience, matched only by our evident genuine concern for each client we serve. From the moment you initiate a conversation with us, you’ll recognize our deep understanding of the emotional complexities involved in legal proceedings.
- Diligent Case Analysis: At Martinian Lawyers, we immerse ourselves in the details of your Los Angeles personal injury claim. We are committed to meticulously crafting a robust claim that genuinely reflects the unique challenges and circumstances you’ve faced.
- Masterful Negotiations: Leveraging our vast expertise, we navigate negotiations with insurance companies adeptly, always aiming to secure the maximum possible compensation for the trauma you’ve endured.
- Dedicated Court Representation: If your case moves to the courtroom, you can trust our seasoned team to passionately advocate on your behalf, ensuring your rights and best interests remain protected.
- Multilingual Support Tailored for You: Understanding the diverse backgrounds of our valued clients, we’re proud to provide multilingual support to bridge any communication gaps. Our dedicated team includes interpreters fluent in Spanish, Russian, Armenian, Georgian, and Hindi, ensuring that every client feels understood and represented accurately.
Your well-being and justice are our primary concerns. Let Martinian Lawyers stand by your side.
Legal Talent & Financial Resources for Your Injury Case in Los Angeles
What gives our clients a clear benefit, at the settlement table or at a trial, is that we have the legal talent and financial ability to create and present a concrete case for financial compensation from serious injuries, such as:
- Brain and Head Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries can range from mild concussions to severe cognitive impairments. The cost of treating these injuries can be astronomical, particularly if long-term care or rehabilitation is needed. There’s also the added factor of lost future earnings if the victim can’t return to work or needs to change careers, and significant compensation for pain and suffering due to the mental and emotional trauma.
- Spinal Cord Injuries / Paralysis: These are among the most devastating injuries a person can sustain. The medical costs for initial treatment can be exceedingly high, and the lifetime care costs for someone with paralysis, especially quadriplegia, can run into the millions. Lost wages, adaptive technologies, home modifications, and profound pain and suffering all contribute to the valuation.
- Amputation: Losing a limb profoundly impacts a person’s life. Beyond the initial medical and surgical expenses, there are costs for prosthetics, potential modifications to homes and vehicles, rehabilitation, and therapy. Loss of earnings, especially if the person cannot return to their previous occupation, and the emotional trauma of adjusting to life after amputation can significantly increase the claim’s value.
- Burn Injuries: Severe burns require intensive medical care, often including multiple surgeries, skin grafts, and long hospital stays. The recovery process is painful, and there may be long-term physical therapy and cosmetic surgeries needed. Beyond the physical pain, the psychological trauma, scarring, and disfigurement can lead to substantial compensation for pain and suffering.
- Permanently Disabling Injuries: Any injury that permanently hampers a person’s ability to function as they once did or requires them to change their way of life has a high valuation. The costs can include lifetime medical care, assistive devices, lost future earnings, and substantial compensation for the emotional and psychological toll.
Martinian Lawyers commonly assists clients who were injured in car accidents or other types of motor vehicle accidents, such as bus accidents, public transportation accidents, and even pedestrian accidents. We are also able to assist clients who were injured by dangerous products and in workplace accidents such as construction accidents.
We integrate state of the art evidence along with industry-specific experts to aid mediators, judges, and juries to comprehend why an accident occurred and why the defendant is responsible for its consequences. We work with vocational rehabilitation experts, medical experts, and life care planners to help the jury and insurance company understand the present and future medical demands of our client and the continuous aftermath of a brain injury or spinal cord injury.
California Personal Injury Laws
California personal injury laws provide a legal framework for those who have been injured due to the recklessness or negligence of another person. If you are in this unfortunate situation, you can sue to recover compensation for medical care, lost wages, and pain and suffering caused by the incident. In California, personal injury claims follow a “no fault” rule which requires that injured parties seek compensation from their own insurance provider.
What is California’s No-Fault Car Accident Laws?
In California, no-fault car accident law means that no party is held primarily responsible for the crash itself. Instead, the respective insurance companies of each driver involved in the accident are responsible for covering their individual insured’s damages. This no-fault rule doesn’t mean that no one can be held accountable; rather, it shifts the focus from attributing fault to managing and reimbursing financial losses quickly and fairly. Additionally, no-fault law helps minimize insurance fraud and encourages settlement negotiations between insurance companies in case of disagreement on a claim. Those who experience car accidents in California should stay aware of their state’s unique no-fault system and its importance in understanding the resources available.
How Do You Prove Negligence?
In a personal injury lawsuit in California, the injured party (the plaintiff) is responsible for proving someone’s guilt. In order to obtain a settlement or jury verdict on your behalf, your personal injury lawyer will need to prove four main elements, including:
- Duty of Care: You must demonstrate that the defendant owed a duty of care to the plaintiff. This means revealing that the defendant had a legal obligation to act reasonably and evade causing harm to another individual. The specific duty of care will be dependent on the circumstances and the relationship between the parties that are involved.
- Breach of Duty: You must be able to provide proof that the defendant breached their duty of care. This requires demonstrating that the defendant failed to act in a manner that a reasonably prudent person would have under similar circumstances. It can be established by presenting evidence of the defendant’s actions or lack thereof and demonstrating that their demeanor fell below the acceptable standard of care.
- Causation: You will need to establish a causal connection with the defendant’s breach of duty and the plaintiff’s injuries or damages. This typically involves proving both factual causation (cause-in-fact) and legal causation (proximate cause). Factual causation requires showing that the defendant’s actions or omissions were a significant factor in causing the harm. Proximate cause examines whether it is fair and reasonable to hold the defendant legally accountable for the consequences of their actions.
- Damages: You must provide evidence of actual damages that were suffered by the plaintiff as a result of the defendant’s negligence. This includes physical injuries, emotional distress, financial losses, or other measurable harm.
To establish these four elements, you may present various types of evidence, including witness testimony, expert opinions, medical records, photographs, documents, or any other applicable information that could support your claim. Consult with our Los Angeles personal injury lawyer from Martinian Lawyers, who is experienced in personal injury law in California and is here to guide you through the specific requirements and procedures that are applicable to your case.
Evidence in Los Angeles Personal Injury Claims
Evidence plays a crucial role in establishing the validity and strength of a personal injury claim. Both the plaintiff (the injured party) and the defendant (the party allegedly at fault) will rely on various forms of evidence to support their respective positions.
Here’s a breakdown of common types of evidence used in Los Angeles personal injury claims:
- Police and Accident Reports: For incidents like car accidents, a police report provides an official account of what happened, including details about injuries, property damage, and statements from involved parties and witnesses.
- Medical Records: These are foundational in personal injury claims. Medical records detail the extent of the injuries, treatments provided, prognosis, and future medical needs. They offer a clear picture of the physical and financial toll of the injury.
- Photographs and Videos: Pictures from the accident scene, injuries, and property damage can be potent evidence. With the prevalence of smartphones, there’s often photographic or video evidence available. Surveillance cameras from nearby properties can also provide valuable footage.
- Witness Statements: Testimonies from individuals who witnessed the incident can corroborate the victim’s account of the events and provide an independent perspective on how the accident occurred.
- Expert Testimonies: In some cases, experts may be called upon to provide their professional opinions. This can include medical professionals, accident reconstruction experts, financial experts (to calculate lost earnings), and others relevant to the case.
- Physical Evidence: This might include damaged property, such as a wrecked vehicle, torn clothing, or any other item that provides insight into the severity and circumstances of the accident.
- Financial Documentation: This can include bills, receipts, and invoices related to medical treatments, property repairs, and other accident-related expenses. Wage statements or expert financial analyses can also help establish lost income or reduced earning capacity.
- Communication Records: Texts, emails, or recorded conversations can sometimes provide insights into the events leading up to or following an accident. For instance, if a party admits fault in a message, it can be used as evidence.
- Safety and Maintenance Records: In cases where negligence is alleged, records showing a history of safety violations or inadequate maintenance can be compelling.
Expert Witnesses in Los Angeles Personal Injury Claims
In a personal injury claim in Los Angeles, having the right expert witness can significantly bolster a case by providing clarity on intricate issues. Expert witnesses play a pivotal role in many Los Angeles personal injury claims. Their specialized knowledge and expertise can help illustrate complex issues in a case, making them more comprehensible for judges, juries, and other involved parties.
In personal injury cases, the expertise of medical professionals is often paramount. Doctors, surgeons, therapists, and other specialists provide critical opinions on the severity of injuries, recommended treatments, long-term prognosis, and anticipated future medical needs. Accident reconstruction experts can play a vital role, especially when the specifics of an accident are disputed. Utilizing physical evidence, photographs, witness accounts, and computer simulations, they can recreate the chain of events that led to the incident. Economic and financial experts also have a significant role, quantifying the financial implications of an injury by evaluating lost wages, potential future earnings, medical bills, and other related economic damages.
Moreover, for those whose injuries compromise their working abilities, vocational rehabilitation specialists step in to assess the victim’s work capabilities, potential job placements, and prospects for retraining. Mental health professionals are indispensable when psychological trauma ensues from the incident. Psychologists or psychiatrists delve into the mental and emotional aftermath, identifying conditions such as PTSD, anxiety, and depression. In specific scenarios like product or premises liability cases, engineers and safety experts offer insights into design inadequacies, structural failings, or safety breaches. Toxicologists become essential when cases involve harmful substance exposures, shedding light on its impact on human health. Lifecare planners and human factors experts, focusing on long-term care needs and human-environment interactions respectively, further enhance the depth and breadth of understanding in these cases.
Can You Sue for Pain and Suffering?
Yes, you can sue for pain and suffering in California. Because pain and suffering are not quantifiable, it can be difficult to decide how much compensation to request and also to prove that you deserve that amount for your pain and suffering. While there is no set formula for determining what your pain and suffering are worth, it is important not to overestimate the value of your pain and suffering.
What is the Statute of Limitations For Personal Injury Cases in California?
In California, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases gives an injured person two years from the date of the injury to go to court and file a lawsuit against those who could be at fault.
There are notable exceptions. For instance, if the injured party was unaware of the injury and could not have reasonably discovered it, the clock starts from the “date of discovery” rather than the date of the incident. Claims against government entities require an administrative claim to be filed within six months of the incident. Minors have until their 20th birthday to initiate a claim if the injury occurred when they were under 18. Additionally, in situations where the defendant leaves the state after causing the injury but before the lawsuit can be filed, the time they’re out of state may not be counted toward the two-year limit.
Contact Our Los Angeles Personal Injury Attorney Today!
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, spinal cord injury, or any other serious injury through the heedless actions of another, please contact us at Martinian Lawyers We represent clients in Los Angeles and throughout Southern California and the entire state. We also consult with attorneys and clients nationwide.
Contact Martinian Lawyers today to consult with our Los Angeles personal injury lawyer.