In the aftermath of a hit and run accident in Van Nuys, victims are often left grappling with not just physical injuries, but a whirlwind of emotional and financial distress. Martinian Lawyers, a reputed law firm in the heart of Los Angeles, offers a beacon of hope for such victims. With a legacy built on unwavering dedication to exceptional legal representation, especially in the realm of personal injury, our experienced Van Nuys hit and run accident lawyers are committed to diligently pursuing justice for victims. With deep-rooted values in client-centered service, backed by our multilingual support and profound understanding of the emotional complexities involved in such cases, we stand ready to be your advocate in these trying times.Contact us today.
Why Choose Martinian Lawyers
The Van Nuys personal injury attorneys at Martinian Lawyers bring to the table a wealth of knowledge in handling hit and run claims, bolstered by years of experience in the nuanced field of personal injury law. Our deep-rooted connections within the legal community, combined with a comprehensive understanding of local regulations, empower us to adeptly navigate the challenges of such cases. Central to our firm is a strong commitment to diversity, evident in our multilingual support and a team that resonates with the varied backgrounds of our clients. Our experienced attorneys are not just skilled litigators but are also compassionate advocates, ensuring that every client’s unique story and needs are at the forefront of our representation.
The Duty to Stop at the Scene of an Accident
In Van Nuys, hit and run incidents are serious offenses. Specifically, California mandates a strict “Duty to Stop at the Scene of an Accident” under CVC 20001 & CVC 20002. When an Van Nuys car accident leads to property damage (as per CVC 20002), the driver must promptly halt at the closest safe spot, identify and inform the owner of the impacted property, and furnish their personal details. In more severe situations where an accident causes injury or death (as dictated by CVC 20001), the driver is obligated to stop without delay, offer their identification to the affected party, and, if needed, aid in transporting the injured individual to a medical facility.
The consequences of neglecting this duty are stern. For property damage (CVC 20002), one may face a misdemeanor charge, encompassing penalties like up to 6 months of jail time, fines reaching $1,000, or probation. Conversely, incidents leading to bodily injury or death (CVC 20001) can incur either misdemeanor or felony charges, hinging on the injury’s severity and the event’s specifics. Potential repercussions span from probation and restitution to substantial financial penalties and even prison time.
Proving a Van Nuys Hit and Run Claim to Insurers
Proving a Van Nuys hit and run claim to insurance companies can be a meticulous process, as insurers require substantial evidence to validate such claims and ensure they are not fraudulent. Some evidence that can make for a stronger claim include:
- Police Report: Immediately after the incident, contact the local authorities and file a police report. This report serves as an official record of the event, detailing the circumstances and any witnesses present.
- Photographs: Take photos of the scene, including damages to your vehicle, any paint transfer, skid marks, or other relevant evidence that indicates another vehicle’s involvement. If possible, capture the immediate surroundings as well, which might help in recreating the sequence of events.
- Witness Statements: If there were any witnesses to the accident, collect their contact information and statements. A third-party account of the incident can significantly bolster your claim.
- Medical Records: If you or any passengers sustained injuries, seek medical attention immediately. Keep detailed records of medical visits, treatments, and any related expenses. These documents will substantiate your claim regarding injuries and related costs.
- Immediate Notification: Notify your insurance company about the hit and run as soon as possible. Adhering to the timeframe stipulated in your policy is crucial, as delays might give insurers a reason to deny your claim.
Contact Our Van Nuys Hit and Run Accident Lawyers Today
If you’ve been a victim of a hit and run accident in Van Nuys, securing justice and rightful compensation can feel overwhelming. At Martinian Lawyers, our seasoned Van Nuys hit and run accident lawyers are dedicated to helping you navigate the complexities of the legal system. Leveraging our vast experience, impeccable record, and commitment to client-focused representation, we are equipped to fight for your rights. Don’t let the recklessness of a hit and run driver dictate the trajectory of your life. Contact our Van Nuys hit and run accident attorneys today for a consultation and let us stand beside you in this fight for justice.